SINGLE CHIP BT LOW ENERGY
Matchcode: NRF8001-R2Q32-T SAMPLE D
Rutronik No.: BTOOTH1142
Unit Pack: 1
SINGLE CHIP BT LOW ENERGY Description
The nRF8001 is a highly integrated single-chip Bluetooth® low energy Connectivity IC. It integrates a fully compliant Bluetooth low energy v4.0 Radio, Link Layer, and Host stack and features a simple serial interface that supports a wide range of external application microcontrollers. With peak currents as low as 12.5mA and average currents down to 9μA (for a 1s connection interval), the nRF8001 enables battery lifetimes of months to years from a single coin cell. The nRF8001 is a fully qualified Bluetooth low energy v4.0 design and combines the Radio, Link Layer, and Host into a single EPL (End Product Listing) enabling designers to easily create new Bluetooth end products without additional listing fees.
The nRF8001 is specifically designed for Bluetooth low energy applications that operate in the Peripheral (Slave) role. Examples include: proximity tags, PUID watches, remote controls, and sports/fitness/healthcare sensors. The on-chip Link Layer and Host stack also include support for Peripheral GAP role, client, server and security functions.
In addition to best-in-class power consumption, the nRF8001 features an ADC for battery level monitoring, a low tolerance 32kHz RC oscillator that eliminates the need for an external 32kHz crystal, plus a 16MHz crystal oscillator supporting the use of low cost 16MHz crystals. The chip also integrates two voltage regulators, a linear voltage regulator providing a 1.9 to 3.6V supply range, and a DC/DC voltage regulator that when enabled can further cut current consumption by up to 20% when running from a 3V battery cell.
The nRF8001 is available in a 32-pin 5 x 5mm QFN package.
- Fully qualified Bluetooth low energy v4.0 Connectivity IC with integrated Radio, Link Layer, and Host stack
- Cost-optimized solution for Peripheral (Slave) role operation
- Best-in-class power consumption enabling months to years of battery lifetime when running from standard CR2032 coin cells
- On-chip DC/DC regulator enabling up to 20% peak current reduction for 3V cells
- Fully integrated, low tolerance 32kHz RC oscillator eliminating the need for external 32kHz crystals
- Simple serial interface (ACI) supporting a range of different external application microcontrollers
- Antenna integra
- N Y/N
- 0.0635 g
- Operating temp.
- -40 to +85 °C
- Leadfree Defin.
- Customs Tariff No.
- Supplier Lead time
- 14 weeks