image shown is a representation only
Evalboard ICE2QS02G 80W
Supplier: Infineon Technologies
Rutronik No.: ICPWM7986
Unit Pack: 1
Evalboard ICE2QS02G 80W Description
80W Evaluation Board with Quasi-Resonant PWM Controller ICE2QS02G 80W power supply board using quasi-resonant flyback converter topology. The PWM controller ICE2QS02G is a second generation quasi-resonant controller IC. Its application is mainly focused on power supplies which has auxiliary converter working during standby mode, such as power supplies used in LCD TV, home audio or printer applications. The required VCC voltage for the IC is here drawn from the additional auxiliary power supply. In normal operation, the digital frequency reduction with decreasing load enables a quasi-resonant operation till very low load. As a result, the system efficiency, over the entire load range, is significantly improved compared to conventional free running quasi resonant converter implemented with only maximum switching frequency limitation. In addition, numerous asjustable protection functions have been implemented in ICE2QS02G to protect the system and customize the IC for the chosen application. In case of failure modes, like open control-loop/over load, output overvoltage, and transformer short winding, the device switches into Auto Restart Mode or Latch-off Mode. By means of the cycle-by-cycle peak current limitation plus foldback point correction, the dimension of the transformer and the secondary diode can be lower which leads to more cost effective design.
Summary of Features
- Quasi-resonant operation
- Digital frequency reduction with decreasing load
- Cycle-by-cycle peak current limitation with foldback point correction
- Built-in digital soft-start
- Direct current sensing with internal Leading Edge Blanking Time
- VCC undervoltage protection: IC stop operation, recover with softstart
- Main undervoltage protection: Block gate and recover with soft start
- Openloop/Overload protection: Auto Restart with adjustable blanking time and adjustable restart time
- Output overvoltage protection: Latch-off with adjustable threshold
- Short-winding protection: Latch-off
- Home Audio
- Leadfree Defin.
- Supplier Part
- Customs Tariff No.
- Supplier Leadtime
- 10 weeks