image shown is a representation only
Rutronik No.: ICIN2069
Unit Pack: 3000
HallSwitch Unipolar Description
The SS340RT/SS440R Series sensor ICs are small, versatile digital Hall-effect devices that are operated by the magnetic field from a permanent magnet or an electromagnet. They are designed to respond to a single pole: North (SS340RT) or South (SS440R).
These unipolar Hall ICs are supplied in three different magnetic sensitivities to meet a wide range of potential applications:
- SS341RT and SS441R offer the highest sensitivity, with a typical operating point of 75 G (25°C) [77°F].
- SS343RT and SS443R offer medium sensitivity, with a typical operating point of 135 G (25°C) [77°F].
- SS349RT and SS449R offer the lowest sensitivity, with a typical operating point of 305 G (25°C) [77°F].
These sensors are available in two package styles:
- The SS340RT is available in the miniature SOT-23 surface mount package.
- SS440R is available in the leaded, flat TO-92-style package.
The SS340RT’s small size requires less PC board space, allowing it to be used in smaller assemblies. Its 3 Vdc capability allows for use in low voltage applications, promoting energy efficiency.
The SS340RT Series is available on tape and reel (3000 units per reel); the SS440R Series is available in a bulk package (1000 units per bag).
- Subminiature package size (SS340RT) supplied on tape and reel: Allows for a compact design with automated component placement, helping to reduce manufacturing costs
- Simple activation from a single pole and multiple magnetic sensitivities (high, medium and low): Make this product suitable in a variety of potential motion control, lid closure detection, and displacement sensing applications
- Low voltage 3 V capability: Helps reduce power consumption
- Built-in reverse polarity protection: Protects the device from potential damage during installation
- Thermally balanced integrated circuit: Provides for stable operation over a wide temperature range of -40°C to 150°C [-40°F to 302°F]
- RoHS-compliant materials: Meet Directive 2002/95/EC
- Door or lid closure detection
- Speed and RPM (revolutions per minute) sensing in fitness equipment
- Flow rate sensing in industrial processes, appliances, and water softeners
- Damper or valve position control in industrial, HVAC and residential or commercial applications
- Robotic control (cylinder position monitoring)
- Float-based fluid level sensing
- Printer head position sensing
- Displacement sensor in hospital beds and medical equipment
- Medication bin monitor on portable drug carts
- 24 mT
- 13.5 mT
- 3 V
- 150 °C
- Leadfree Defin.
- 8 mA
- Hall elements
- 46 mT
- 37 mT
- -40 °C
- 24 V
- Customs Tariff No.
- Supplier Lead time
- 12 weeks