image shown is a representation only
Rutronik No.: ICIN4291
Unit Pack: 1
HallSwitch Latch Description
The SS360PT/SS460P High Sensitivity Latching Hall-Effect Sensor ICs with Built-in Pull-up Resistor are small, sensitive and versatile devices that are operated by the magnetic field from a permanent magnet or an electromagnet. They are designed to respond to alternating North and South poles. The SS360PT is activated by a North pole while the SS460P is activated by a South pole.
The SS360PT/SS460P offers reliable switching points with a high magnetic sensitivity of 30 G typical (55 G maximum). This sensor IC does not use chopper stabilization on the Hall element, providing a clean output signal and a faster latch response time when compared to competitive high sensitivity Hall-effect bipolar latching sensor ICs which do use chopper stabilization.
The internal pull-up resistor often eliminates the need for external components, helping to reduce the system cost. These high-performance yet economical sensor ICs are well suited for demanding, cost-sensitive high-volume applications.
These products offer reverse polarity protection, deliver a stable output over a -40 °C to 125 °C [-40 °F to 257 °F] temperature range, and can accept a dc supply voltage from 3 Vdc up to 24 Vdc (see specifications below for details).
For brushless dc motor manufacturers that need latching sensors with reliable, consistent performance for more efficient and smaller designs, the new Honeywell family of High Sensitivity Hall-Effect Latching Sensor ICs with Built-in Pull-up resistor responds to low magnetic fields and offers repeatable operation while delivering faster response times to a change in magnetic field for better motor efficiency.
These Hall-effect devices are available in two package styles: the SS360PT in the miniature SOT-23 surface mount package and the SS460P in the leaded, flat TO-92-style package.
The SS360PT is supplied on tape and reel (3000 units per reel). The SS460P is available in a bulk package (1000 units per bag).
- Fastest response time in its class: Provides more efficiency in commutating a brushless dc motor
- No chopper stabilization: Results in a clean output signal
- High sensitivity: Operates from only 30 Gauss typical, at 25 °C [77 °F] and 55 Gauss maximum over the full -40 °C to 125 °C [-40 °F to 257 °F] temperature range, allowing for the use of smaller, magnets or a wider air gap
- Internal pull-up Hall IC design: Simplifies installation and helps reduce component count and system cost
- Bipolar latching magnetics: Makes these products well-suited for accurate speed sensing and RPM (revolutions per minute) measurement
- Subminiature, SOT-23 surface mount package (SS360PT) supplied on tape and reel: Allows for compact design with automated component placement
- Small, leaded, flat TO-92-style package (SS460P): Allows for a compact PC board layout
- Wide operating voltage range of 3 Vdc to 24 Vdc: Allows for potential use in a wide range of applications
- Built-in reverse voltage capability: Enhances the protection of the sensor and the circuits
- Robust design: Allows operation up to 125 °C [257 °F]
- RoHS-compliant material meets directive 2002/95
- Brushless dc motor commutation for white goods and other appliances
- Flow-rate sensing
- Speed and RPM sensing
- Tachometer, counter pickup
- Motor and fan control
- 10 mT
- -18 mT
- 3.8 V
- 150 °C
- Leadfree Defin.
- 10 mA
- Hall elements
- 18 mT
- -10 mT
- -40 °C
- 30 V
- Customs Tariff No.
- Supplier Lead time
- 12 weeks