image shown is a representation only
HUMIDITY SENSOR SPI SOIC 8
Rutronik No.: ICIN3135
Unit Pack: 1
HUMIDITY SENSOR SPI SOIC 8 Description
Industry-leading Total Error Band (TEB) (±5 %RH): Honeywell specifies Total Error Band—the most comprehensive, clear, and meaningful measurement –that provides the sensor’s true accuracy of ±5 %RH over a compensated range of 5°C to 50°C [41°F to 122 °F] and 10 %RH to 90 %RH. TEB includes all errors due to:
Total Error Band should not be confused with “Accuracy”, which is actually a component of Total Error Band. Many competitors simply specify the accuracy of their device; however, the specification may exclude hysteresis and temperature effects, and may be calculated over a very narrow range, at only one point in the range, or at their absolute best accuracy level. It is then up to the customer to calibrate the device to make sure it has the accuracy needed for the life of the application.
Honeywell’s industry-leading Total Error Band provides the following benefits to the customer:
Industry-leading long term stability (1.2 %RH over five years): Competitive humidity sensors need to go through a 12 hour at 75 %RH rehydration process (which requires special equipment chambers) to correct reflow temperature offset. Honeywell’s sensor also experiences an offset after reflow; however, it only requires a five hour rehydration under ambient conditions (>50 %RH). Honeywell’s industry-leading long term stability provides the following benefits to the customer:
Industry-leading reliability: Honeywell’s new HIH6130/6131 Series sensors use a laser trimmed, thermoset polymer capacitive sensing element. The element's multilayer construction provides resistance to most application hazards such as condensation, dust, dirt, oils, and common environmental chemicals which help provide industry-leading stability and reliability.
Lowest total cost solution: Offers customers the lowest total cost solution due to the sensor’s industry-leading Total Error Band and its being a combined humidity/temperature sensor.
True, temperature-compensated digital I2C output: Typically allows the customer to remove the components associated with signal conditioning from the PCB to free up space and reduce costs associated with those components (e.g., acquisition, inventory, assembly). Often eliminates problems that could occur from having multiple signal conditioning components across the PCB. Simplifies integration to the microprocessor, eliminating the need for customer-implemented, complex signal conditioning.
Ultra-small package: SOIC-8 SMD (Surface Mount Device) package is ultra small, including the condensation-resistant model with hydrophobic filter on-board (HIH6131). Allows for flexibility of use within the application, occupies less space on the PCB, and typically simplifies placement on crowded PCBs or in small devices.
Combined humidity and temperature sensor: The humidity and temperature sensors are co-located in the same package. This allows the RH measurement to be temperature compensated and provides a second, standalone temperature sensor output. This allows the user to purchase one sensor instead of two.
Tape and reel packaging: Cost-effective tape-and-reel packaging allows for use in high volume, automated pick-and-place manufacturing, eliminating lead misalignment to the PCB and helping the customer to reduce manufacturing costs.
High resolution: High 14-bit humidity sensor resolution and 14-bit temperature sensor resolution within the application help the user’s system detect the smallest relative humidity or temperature change.
- Wide operating temperature range: -25 °C to 85 °C [-13 °F to 185 °F] allows for use in many applications
- Optional one or two %RH level alarm outputs: Provide the user the ability to monitor whether the RH level has exceeded or fallen below predetermined and critical levels within the application
- Multi-function ASIC: Provides flexibility within the application by lowering or eliminating the risk and cost of OEM calibration
- Industry-standard package: Provides easy design-in
- RoHS and WEEE compliant; halogen-free
- Hydrophobic filter and condensation-resistant: allow use in many condensing environments
- SPI digital communication format: Provide flexibility in integrating the sensors into existing system level architecture
- HVAC/R: May be used to provide precision RH and temperature measurement in air conditioning/air movement systems, enthalpy sensing, thermostats, humidifiers/dehumidifiers, and humidistats to maintain occupant comfort and ideal storage humidity/temperature while achieving low energy consumption, supporting system accuracy and warranty requirements, maximizing system uptime, and improving overall system quality
- Respiratory therapy: May be used to provide precision RH and temperature measurement in sleep apnea machines and ventilators, enhancing patient comfort, safety and treatment effectiveness with warm and humidified air
- Incubators/microenvironments: May be used to provide optimal temperature and RH levels to support critical processes and experiments, enhancing process efficiency with desired climate conditions
- Air compressors: May be used to provide precision RH measurement in compressed air lines, allowing the system to remove any condensation; dry compressed air is critical for customer process control measurement
- Weather stations: May be used to provide precision RH and temperature measurement in ground-based and airborne weather stations, allowing real time and highly accurate monitoring/reporting of actual weather conditions
- Telecom cabinets: May be used to provide precision RH and temperature measurement in the telecom cabinet HVAC system; maintaining proper temperature and humidity levels in the cabinet provides maximum system uptime and performance
- 0 %RH
- -25 °C
- 85 °C
- 5.3 V
- 1 mA
- -4 %RH
- 2.3 V
- 4 %RH
- Leadfree Defin.
- Customs Tariff No.
- Supplier Lead time
- 5 weeks