image shown is a representation only
N550M8CC mit v3 chip S210V5.0
Rutronik No.: RFMCU1027
Unit Pack: 1
N550M8CC mit v3 chip S210V5.0 Description
Based on Nordic Semiconductor’s nRF51422 SoC, the N5 ANT SoC module series offers support for both ANT® and Bluetooth® low energy and enables both protocols to run concurrently.
The N5 ANT SoC module series starts with the M8 type in a 14.0mm x 9.8mm x 2.0mm LGA (Land Array Grid) package. A compact design meeting market requirements for small, light and wearable, the N5 module is a turnkey system hardware solution including antenna, onboard 32k and 16M crystal clocks, DC-DC converter and 24 GPIOs with 6 analogue inputs.
N5 modules are pre-programmed with the following software components:
- S210 SoftDevice (scalable ANT protocol stack with maximum 15 channels)
- ANT network processor application
- ANT-WP (Wireless Programming) bootloader
SoftDevices are protocol stack solutions from Nordic Semiconductor for
the nRF51 SoCs. There are multiple SoftDevice choices available from the
Nordic Semiconductor web site. The ANT network processor application
offers the standard ANT serial interface front-end that is connectable
to an external application controller. The ANT-WP bootloader allows
over-the-air updates of any software components on the N5 module.
The N5 module pre-programmed image can be easily replaced via the onboard SWD interface pins using off-the-shelf ARM programming tools or over the air using the pre-loaded ANT-WP bootloader.
Pin compatible options for the 20mm x 20mm AP2 or C7 modules from Dynastream are also available. In these options, N5 M8 models are soldered on carrier boards that are pin compatible to the previous modules. Current AP2 or C7 module customers can easily use these models to evaluate the hardware and upgrade their final products.
The N5 module series, if loaded with ANT and/or BLUETOOTH low energy stack, has been certified to comply with radio regulation or standards covering major markets include North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Japan. The N5 ANT SoC modules series has also been qualified by the BLUETOOTH SIG.
The N5 ANT SoC Module Starter Kit, sold via the same distribution channels, is ideal for out-of-the box evaluation and development.
- Integrated PCB meander antenna
- Onboard 32kHz and 16MHz crystal clocks
- 1.8V to 3.6V supply voltage range
- DC-DC converter
-25°C to +75°C (N5150 and N548)
-40°C to +85°C (N550)
- 24 GPIOs (LGA package)
- Programmable output per channel from –20dBm up to +4dBm
- Excellent receiver sensitivity -90dBm
- 1dBm resolution RSSI
- Total 256kB embedded flash memory and 16kB RAM
- SPI, I2C and UART interface
- ARM SWD interface
- 14.0x9.8x2.0mm (LGA package)
- Drop-in compatible package with AP2/C7 modules
- Radio regulatory approvals for major markets including United States, Canada, European Economic Area, Japan, Australia and New Zealand
- BLUETOOTH SIG qualification
- RoHS compliant
- 79 selectable RF channels (2402 to 2480 MHz)
- Simple to complex network topologies: peer-to-peer, star, tree, star-to-star and more
- Broadcast, acknowledged, and burst data communication modes
- Supports up to 15 logical channels each with configurable channel periods (5.2ms – 2s)
- Built-in device search and pairing
- Built-in interference handling and radio coexistence management with application radio disable requests and application flash write/erase requests
Enhanced ANT features
- Advanced burst data transfer modes (up to 60kbps)
- Optional channel encryption mode (AES-128)
- Supports up to 8 public, private and/or managed networks
- Advanced power management features to optimize application power consumption including Event Filtering and Selective data updates
- Asynchronous transmit channel
- Fast channel initiation
BLUETOOTH 4.0 or 4.1 compliant low energy single-mode protocol stack
- Link Layer
- L2CAP,ATT, and SM protocols
- GATT,GAP, and L2CAP
- Peripheral and Broadcaster roles
- GATT Client and Server
- Full SMP support including MITM and OOB pairing
- Frequency min
- 2408 MHz
- Frequency max
- 2480 MHz
- 1000 kbps
- -40 °C
- Memory size
- 256 kB
- MCU Architectur
- 32 bit
- Supply Volt.min
- 1.8 V
- 4 dBm
- -96 dBm
- 16 kB
- 24 no.
- ADC resol.max
- 10 bit
- ADC channels
- 8 no.
- 85 °C
- Supply volt.max
- 3.6 V
- Leadfree Defin.
- Customs Tariff No.
- Supplier Lead time
- 8 weeks